10 COMMANDMENTS TO KEEP YOUR TESTOSTERON HIGH
Did you know that as a man your sexual capabilities, your manly appearance and even your self-esteem depend on the testosterone level in your blood? Yes, testosterone makes you feel young, sexually attractive and ready for a great performance in bedroom. If you want to know how you can keep your testosterone level high read more about 10 things that will change your life!
I How does it work?
1. Psychological Causes
The most important factor that takes it's toll on the production of testosterone is stress. It affects you and your body since your body is not immune to stress levels. When your testosterone production is affected the most serious effect is felt on your sexual health.
2. Physical Causes
The normal level of testosterone in your bloodstream is between 350 and 1,000 nanograms per decilitre (ng/dl). You lose about 1 percent a year. After the age of 30, testosterone production slows down and it has an all round effect on your health.
3. Effects of Low Testosterone Levels
Apart from sexual dysfunction low testosterone also leads to:
- loss of lean muscle mass
- weight gain
- decline in bone density
- lack of mental alertness
- hair loss
- lack of energy and youthfulness
- mood swings
II What can you do?
If you are overweight lose body FAT!
1. Physical Activity
Though testosterone production is highly influenced by aging, physical inactivity, excessive alcohol and use of prescribed or recreational medication can also affect it. It is important to know that both lack and excess of physical activity can affect your testosterone production negatively.
- Testosterone levels increase most with short intense bursts
- Testosterone decreases with prolonged activity especially that of frequent endurance training. During endurance training, testosterone is needed to maintain muscle but frequent extended training doesn't allow for repair and recovery of testosterone and tissue damage occurs.
- The ideal duration for a workout is anywhere between 45 to 60 minutes in a single session. Any more than that and your cortisol levels will rise and testosterone will decline!!!
- Compound exercises such as bench press, squats, chin ups etc., are known to yield best results
- When you do your compound exercises make sure you use heavy weights that will allow you to only do about 3-to-5 reps per set and you want to do about 5-to-8 sets of each compound exercise you do
- You also want to limit your workout time on those compound exercises to 1-to-2 hours so just do only 1-to-2 compound exercises followed by a few optional isolation exercises twice a week (Mon. & Thur. for example) and as for burning fat...
- Avoid 'sissy cardio' where you walk or run for long periods of time and start doing Manly Cardio workouts like Hill sprints and intervals
- Make extra sure that you rest harder than you work out because overtraining leads to more cortisol and lower testosterone and you may need to get 8+ hours of sleep to allow your body to recuperate and produce more testosterone after you workout
Check the book: Lou Schuler, “The Testosterone Advantage Plan” (Simon and Schuster, 2003)
Exercise: It’s about mass and intensity
The book makes a strong case for strength training over cardiovascular endurance training, such as marathon running, if a guy wants to promote healthy levels of testosterone. Aside from the obvious physical differences between bodybuilders and Olympic marathoners, individuals in these sports have different health and hormonal profiles. Short story: the weight lifters have higher levels of testosterone, and largely enjoy the benefits that come from it.
- Eat moderate amounts of protein. Protein stimulates the hormone glucagon and the anabolic (muscle building) responses important for adequate testosterone release
- Eat more vegetable and fruits
- Reduce carbohydrate intake specially those that are rich in simple sugars and starches (potatoes, grains, pasta since they lead to production of hormone insulin and cortisol which fights and diminishes testosterone production.
- Eat fats! Essential fats such as the omega 3 fatty acids found in fish and flax seed as well as saturated fats are essential for normal testosterone production. All steroid hormones need cholesterol for production and a diet that is deficient in fats leads to lower levels of testosterone.
- Don't drink any alcohol
- Don't eat any Grapefruit
3.Vitamines and microelements
Vitamin C (1000-to-1500mg per day)
- Vitamin C has been shown to lower cortisol levels allowing body to make more testosterone
- Vitamin C reduces the armostase enzyme that converts testosterone into Estrogen
Vitamins A, B & E
- Essential in the production of testosterone
- If you're eating plenty of fruits & veggies, lean meats and nuts then you shouldn't have to worry too much about supplementing with any extra A, B, & E Vitamins
Zinc (prevents testosterone from being converted into estrogen and helps produce healthier sperm)
- Eat: oysters, beef, liver, crab, seafood, poultry, nuts and seeds, salmon, brown rice, cheese, pine nuts, beans, turkey, milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese
- Onions and garlic contain Allicin, which also contributes to increased testosterone. It is generally believed that Allicin does not convert well in supplements, another case where the real food is a better idea
- You can supplement with at least 50-to-100mg of Zinc daily
Which supplements can help?
Botanical extracts like: muira pauma bark extract, ginkgo biloba leaf, panax ginseng, acai fruit, chaste berry etc., that not only improve your testosterone but also helps increase the production of hgh in the body. It helps in reversing age effects considerably.
5. Reduce Stress
In order to raise testosterone naturally you need to reduce stress and relax yourself:
- Stress hormone cortisol shuts down testosterone production
- Exercises reduce stress
- Relaxation techniques like meditation etc., (Yoga)
- Sleep deprivation not only builds stress but also upsets your hormonal cycle
- Sleep 6-8 hours
- Testosterone levels can drop down by as much as 40 PERCENT when you don't get enough sleep
- Testosterone levels are 30% higher in the morning than in the evening
7. Get rid of excess estrogen
- Eat more raw cruciferous vegetables (contain a chemical called diindolylmethane (DIM) that helps your body get rid of excess estrogen): broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bok choi, radishes, turnips, collard greens, and kale...
- Eat more fibres (naturally cleanse body and flush out toxins that cause you to have excess estrogen): most fruits & vegetables, nuts & beans are all high in fibres…
8. Avoid Xenoestrogens
Xenoestrogens are man-made estrogens that are found in things like pesticides, artificial growth hormones & steroids, air fresheners and plastic containers. They increase your levels of the female hormone estrogen while lowering testosterone.
- Eat more organic fruits & vegetables that are free of pesticides and if you do buy your fruits & vegetables at a regular grocery store make sure you wash them to lower your chances of consuming any xenoestrogens
- Eat more naturally raised meats instead of eating beef, chicken, pork and even milk that was raised using artificial growth hormones and steroids
- Use glass products to store food & water instead of plastic since plastic products tend to produce xenoestrogens that'll get into your water & food especially when heated. Even some canned foods contain plastic coatings that contain xenoestrogens!!!
- Don't use any perfumes, colognes, or air fresheners that have parabens listed as one of the ingredients. Parabens are xenoestrogens.
Not getting sexual stimulated or aroused for long periods of time can actually decrease testosterone levels.
- simply having an erection causes your levels of circulating testosterone to rise significantly
- 10 men viewed a 15 minute pornographic film and the men's testosterone levels increased 100 percent afterwards
- sexually arousing films on 9 males - testosterone levels increased within 10 minutes of sexually arousal
- Testosterone was measured every 15 min for 3 hours in 8 men before, during, and after the showing of a sexually explicit movie and there was an average increase of 35% in testosterone
10. Correct temperature of your testicles
- Avoid wearing tight underwear, tight pants
- Avoid take long HOT baths or do anything thing else (sauna) to overheat your testicles